Welcome to Stealin' Groceries!

If you want to save hundreds of dollars on your grocery bill each month and find the best deals in Utah, you have come to the right place!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So Many Bags


If you have been couponing for a bit you know that you get several of the same item- well at my house so we don't get sick of 8 bags of regular potato chips I get 8 different flavors or as many different flavors as they have. The problem is that all 8 of the bags some how gets opened. I hate wasting food so my solution is when the bags are about 1/2 way gone and the family has tasted each and everyone of them ;) I take an hour one morning and I cut all the bags open and I then place them into smaller sandwich bags. This is great for two reasons. One- the bag of chips does not just sit in the pantry. Second- I now have several different super easy option for snacks on the go or kids lunches.


Sense I am in the kitchen I make homemade pancakes and French-toast. I then put two in a sandwich bag and put them in the freezer. This saves me time in the mornings when there is no time. It is also great when I make dinner and my two year old wants nothing to do with salmon- it is a super easy dinner that she loves.

Do you do anything to save from wasting food- or quick things that you pull out??
I would love to hear what you do- leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.