Welcome to Stealin' Groceries!

If you want to save hundreds of dollars on your grocery bill each month and find the best deals in Utah, you have come to the right place!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

90 Day's to Vacation

See full size image
90 Day's to Vacation

I was going over how much money I saved this month ($668.03) and I was looking at just how much I have saved over the last three months sense I have been blogging and keeping really good track.. it is a ton ($2211.52)! I wish I could go back and really take that money that I have saved and go on a big family vacation. So that is what I am going to do. I don't really like to wait for anything... sooo I think that 90 days will be long enough to save a good amount of money and close enough that I wont get distracted. I am not going to book anything yet. I am going to see how much I can save.  I know that we as a family spend a lot of money eating out. I know that I spend a lot of money buying treat and toys when we are shopping.
In my family I have 6 people.. I have my self, my ex-husband ( for those of you who know me... yes we are still working it out, hes just not my husband and I feel silly calling him my boyfriend- his name is Shane so that is what I will call him : ) Roman my foster son, James and Rachel my little ones and then Bailey- she is really my sisters little girl. I watch her 5-6 days a week, I feed her & bath her, I count her as one of my own.

Here is how I am going to save even more then just on my grocery bill & stretch myself.
$200 -$300 a month on groceries (including everything-shampoo, diapers etc.)
*I am not going to include rebates into my total when I post, I will let you all know that I am getting them and how I am getting them, however I am going to put my rebates in my savings fund for the vacation. So I don't think it is fare to take it off the total paid.
$10 a week for Date Night ( I know we are going to have to be creative)
$20 a week for Kids entertainment
$20 a week for babysitter
Anything left over goes into the saving fund. Most of you know that I do not work and I am a stay at home mom. 90 Day's to Vacation is just what I can do to save my family enough money to go on vacation. My Shane's pay check will continue to pay the normal bills and put money in to savings and other investments.
I will just take my grocery money and spending money and see what I can do.

Who is with me? I am going to be doing a lot of Give-A-Ways and posting ideas on how you can save your family enough money to go on vacation. Maybe it wont be in 90 day's but how cool to save enough in 6 months from now or a year?! Maybe it wont even be a vacation... maybe you will save a $50 and you can go buy yourself a new outfit for all the hard work you do couponing :)

I will keep the Give-A-Ways going all through the 90 days along with any tips and pointers I have.
Leave me a comment of what you are going to do with your savings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.