Welcome to Stealin' Groceries!

If you want to save hundreds of dollars on your grocery bill each month and find the best deals in Utah, you have come to the right place!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Walgreens- Limit on Transactions


When I was at Walgreens yesterday I was told that I was only allowed to do 2 transactions per customer....
I was a little upset because I has spent 15 minuets collecting all the things I needed from around the store.
She told me it was because the items that I was buying are in such high demand and they did not want the store to be cleaned out of them for the other customers. 
I asked if customers who did not have coupons were only allowed 2 transactions and she said.. NO.
That pissed me off ;)
I called corporate and here is what they said:
It is up to the manager to decide how many transactions one customer can do.... but it must be consistent from week to week and for all customers. 

I called my store that I was at yesterday and talked with the manger. She told me that they have been having complaints about things bing gone even before Monday. So that she had to enforce the rule to be fair.
I do understand that. She told me that it is 2 transactions per day per person and on Saturday as many transactions as you want. 

So that kind of stinks- however I do understand!
Just remember when you are going to Walgreens they might put a limit to the number of transactions that you do in one day. 

2 comments:

  1. That happened to me too. I only buy two of each sale items, but I was told a month ago that I can only buy one of each free product per day. I would have to come back another day to buy my second one.

    The shelves are still clearing before I get there (Monday morning) so I know they are not limiting everyone.

    Then last week I asked another manager for the Nivea body wash and he put three of them in my cart. I had to tell him I only wanted one, even though I had enough coupons to buy three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ok with rules and guild lines... as long as everyone has to follow the sames ones! I did not think it was fair that someone with out coupons got to do more then two transactions and I did not!
    I LOVED Walgreens because they were so great with multiple transaction. Now I don't love that if I want more then two items I have to go back the next day. And I really don't like that I don't know what to expect from store to store!

    I feel the same way as you- I don't think they are limiting everyone...

    So was that manager 'telling' you that you can buy 3 when he put them in your cart?? Or was he just being nice?

    I do have to say one thing I don't like in coupon policies, and they are in almost ever one that I have seen is... that managers have a right to make up 'rules' as if they can accept coupons and which ones & they can put a limit on items/coupons/transactions!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.