Welcome to Stealin' Groceries!

If you want to save hundreds of dollars on your grocery bill each month and find the best deals in Utah, you have come to the right place!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How I Organize My Coupons



A few days ago I told you how you can find all the coupons that have not expired that come in the inserts from the Sunday Newspaper. If you missed that post it is really simple -you just go to the Alphabetical Coupon Index.
I told you that I would show you how I organize my 'loose' coupons.

I use the same 'no cutting' system that I tell you about in Getting Started- see my red hanging file box thing in the bottom of the picture?? That holds all my inserts and ads. 


This is my coupon binder for my 'loose' coupons.

When I open it up I have two see through sleeves. One holds coupons that I need to file in the binder- so if I have printed coupons or I get coupons from offer I post on the blog. Also if I go to Smith's and I cut my coupons for that trip... let's say I get there and they are out of an item or I only use 2 of the 4 coupons I took- I will just file them in this blinder, not find the insert and stick them back in the insert.
The second sleeve holds coupons that are about to expire.
I take my kids to McDonald's about every other week. I let them play and I take 15 minuets to organize my binder. I will put all the coupons that need to be filed from sleeve one and put them in the right place and I will take the coupons that are about to expire out and stick them in the second sleeve.

I use baseball card holders. This is the only thing I have ever used... so I can't really recommend something else if you hate baseball card holders. 

My first section is "Store Cards"- I take my coupon binder with me everywhere. I keep all my store cards in the front. So if we just stop by K-mart to kill some time I have my K-Mart card or if I go to lunch then I have all my rewards cards with me. *I was getting so many reward cards that my wallet was SO full. Reward cards can save you a lot of money and get you some sweet perks to that store.



My Second Section is "Gift Cards" - I have gift cards for so many stores- I hated when I went to a store and after I paid I remembered I had a gift card. This solves my problem.

I then have my coupons organized under the following categories:
*Really this is for you- this just makes sense to me- you can do it in as many or as few as you want.

Baking
Breakfast/Bev
Canned Veg/Fruit
Cleaning
Dry Snacks
Dairy/Deli
Frozen
Meat
Med
Pasta/Rice
Paper/Plastic
Personal Care
Sauces/Dressing
Soup
Smell Good
Pet/Other
Toys

Target
Smiths
RiteAid/Walgreens


I then have the following:
Restaurant
Clothing
Craft
Activities
Other
Policy
Rebate

Super easy and I have everything I need when I am out.
Let me know if you have any questions I would be happy to go over anything more in depth if needed.

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! I am very visual so I appreciate the pics ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.